Here are 5 simple tips on how to switch to a green vegetarian menu:
- Choose foods that you would like most. There are several vegetarian options, and you just have to find your niche. If you like spicy food, try hot sandwiches.. if you like a lot of stuffing in your burgers, try soy patties
- Explore the closest vegetarian restaurants. Start close to home, locate good vegetarian restaurants that have nice reviews. Try something there, you just may find your sweet (or spicy) spot! See #1 above
- Don’t be afraid to try cooking at home. Next, now that you know what you may like, look up some recipes online – we will be having a few here on our site – and start! Just dive into it and you’ll be amazed that you didn’t start earlier.
- Meet and be with others who are vegetarian. The best way to keep up your healthy habits is to be with others who are doing it too. You’ll also get great ideas for cuisines and menus.
- Get a balanced diet. Contrary to the notion that vegetarians don’t get enough protein, there are actually a wide variety of grains, beans and vegetables that will stock you up. Look at a few websites that will give you food for thought. Try this page on greatist.com
Enjoy and stay green!